Director of Quality
About the Role:
The Quality & Service department serves to develop, define and enforce the cosmetic, functional, and reliability testing standards for all our products. Review/test all failed units, determine rework capabilities and drive failure analysis through the supply chain. Prepare and distribute technical bulletins to all service centers and service partners. Create and maintain service center training materials, supplies and equipment to ensure repair consistency on a global basis.
We are seeking a hands-on Director of Quality who will create the testing standards that define our products and reduce AFR to below 1.5%. Someone to define, implement, and continuously improve Super73’s quality systems, repair standards, and policies. They will formulate, standardize and implement quality assurance procedures and product acceptance policies for a fully outsourced supply chain. They will collaborate with manufacturing partners in Asia and internal/external repair centers to ensure implementation of plans and processes that minimize quality issues and costs, and optimize customer enjoyment of our products.
- Define and develop all reliability and functional testing processes and criteria, collaborating with overseas team to ensure all tests and processes are implemented properly.
- Standardize our repair process and ensure each repair center has the right technical information, tools and parts to minimize our customer’s downtime.
- (Future) travel to our manufacturing partners facilities to audit and recommend changes to quality processes that improve performance and reliability.
- Participate in the supplier qualification process, assessing suppliers based on industry best practices.
- Review quality data (OQC/IQC) to identify component issues before implementation into final assembly; issuing technical bulletins to repair centers as needed.
- Develop and define ORT requirements and repair instructions for all Super73’s new and existing new products.
- Standardize all quality operating procedures including: corrective action reports (CAR), engineering changes (ECx), ICQ, OCQ, in-process quality controls, QA audits, OBA, and quality metrics tracking and daily/weekly analysis of first pass yield reporting.
- Participate in electrical and mechanical DFQ initiatives, working with development and manufacturing teams to maintain product/production quality levels; lead the investigation of product modifications to ensure quality standards are met.
- Establish and ensure compliance for raw material (component), FG quality levels, SOPs, national and international safety standards; lead quality audits and support capability audits.
- Point of contact for handoff between production quality and field quality, supporting a closed loop quality process.
- Apply quality methodologies to analyze quality issues and lead problem solving efforts to determine root case and drive implementation of improvements.
- Proven track record in managing quality and service with electro/mechanical products.
- Possess analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication; and the ability to visualize, define and implement a prioritized process to meet business needs.
- Experience in a startup environment where processes have yet to be established is highly desired.
- Experience working with electro-mechanical components that have long lead-times in a 3rd party production environment.
- Knowledge and experience in production / manufacturing processes and techniques, raw materials management, quality control programs, engineering and technology principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, setting priorities, identifying and addressing problems, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills and attention to detail in a manufacturing/production environment.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Strong business acumen with an ability to drive and make good business decisions that are typically complex and broad in nature.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Manufacturing, Business, Engineering, Industrial Technology or other relevant field of study (or equivalent experience.)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Quality leadership role.