Director of Engineering
About The Role:
This is a foundational role in building a world-class team and technology. We are looking for someone who is capable of building processes from scratch in a truly unique engineering and business climate. You will be a key voice in developing SUPER73’s strategic roadmap. You will navigate a complex environment of stakeholders, extract key insights, and drive product direction.
A self-starter who has great organization, prioritization, communication and decision-making skills. You are capable of growing, developing and managing an engineering organization.
- Develop a mechanical and electronic platform plan in support of our new product roadmap with consideration of external trends & competitive advances.
- Provide sustaining engineering support for ongoing reliability testing, and enhancements to existing products and accessories.
- Engage with Operations on material/components selection, manufacturing processes, regulatory compliance considerations, and document control.
- Establish protocols to consolidate regional requirements to minimize product variations.
- Define and deploy transformational technology capabilities.
- Collaborate across the organization to own product engineering from ground up, delivering manufacturable designs that execute Super73’s design intent.
- Maintain service levels and execute on continuous improvement of the existing systems while consistently ensuring quality deliverables.
- Influence and implement change strategies that will improve end to end execution of technology projects to reduce cost, improve quality and gain efficiencies.
- Accountability for all aspects of engineering practices not limited to scalability and performance.
- Working with executive leadership to identify strategic engineering priorities, and delivering an aligned engineering roadmap.
- Manage engineering external relationships including top-class vendors.
- Provide technology vision and leadership and cultivate a culture of empowerment and accountability.
- Communications management to ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, storage and disposition of KPI's.
- Identifies risks and risk plans; manage and mitigate risks.
- Metrics analysis: Identify, capture, analyze and improve key indicators of success, and leveraging these to improve speed to market.
- Hiring and managing a very rapidly growing engineering organization.
- Accomplished engineering executive with 10+ years of experience
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable in a fast-moving, results-driven environment that includes a background in both small and large organizations
- Successful track record of transforming, defining and executing strategic and innovative initiatives which will have a major impact on company
- 15+ years of exceptional technical experience across a variety of engineering areas, including: Hardware design and/or robotics, Electric power systems, Embedded hardware/software systems, Manufacturing and R&D.
- Experience in the EV/Micro-mobility transportation industry is a strong plus.
- Experience with development of complex products in safety-critical or regulated environment is a strong plus.
- Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies.
- Written and oral communication skills including the ability to present ideas on both the technical and business sides and at the executive and staff levels.
- Engaging personal style with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to make strategic, complex and difficult decisions.