About the Role:
The Product Manager works independently and cross-functionally to define SUPER73 vehicle/accessory lineup plans and strategies. By deriving data insights from multiple sources and collaborating across departments, the Product Manager constructs planning proposals that define new concepts and content, outlines the business case, and establishes the strategic foundation for product development. They own and ensure successful completion of the vehicle/accessory Product Brief which communicates a logical, data based strategic direction that provides guidance for clear and efficient execution throughout the design and product development process.
- Integrates primary and secondary data insights, company vision and objectives, and departmental needs to develop logical, data driven strategic proposals for vehicle and accessory lineups.
- Creates coalitions across planning, design, engineering, operations, sales, and executive groups to build consensus and ultimately achieve sign off for strategic planning proposals.
- Outlines the business case for each lineup and product proposal through detailed market situation analysis and consideration of company objectives, profitability, and volume potential.
- Conducts pricing analysis using customer and market data and sets realistic retail pricing targets.
- Analyzes internal sales, external industry data, and market trends to forecast sales volumes for vehicles and accessories.
- Works with research suppliers to coordinate the planning and execution of quantitative and qualitative market research activities. Familiar with design and development of research methodologies including online surveys, design clinics, depth interviews, and focus groups. Manages research activities to ensure operational efficiency and delivery of valid and reliable data results.
- Identifies and works with various industry associations and third-party data sources to gather industry intelligence, identify trends, and derive insights for situation analysis reporting.
- Deeply understands the customer through direct in-person interaction and analysis of market research data.
- Understanding of planning, design, engineering, operations, and sales functions necessary to lead effective pre-development collaboration and consensus building between these functional groups.
- Demonstrated business acumen and strategic orientation – an understanding of business priorities, challenges, and direction in order to balance competing demands on project scope, budget, schedule and quality.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Highly organized with ability to create or improve business processes.
- Strong knowledge of market research and statistical methodologies, principles, and practices.
- Ability to analyze large data bases, extract insights, and summarize critical information.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Able to resolve cross-functional conflicts and drive rigorous coordination and execution
- 5+ years of Product/Project Management, Strategic/Product Planning or related work experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in the bicycle, e-bike, or motorcycle industries a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Experience in SPSS and Monday scheduler a plus.