Accessories Program Manager
About the Role:
The Accessories Program Manager will own and ensure that new third party and in-house developed SUPER73 accessories successfully launch, starting from product marketing ideation approval to commercial mass production. The right candidate will have a deep understanding of Engineering, Operations, Quality and the consumer perspective. This role will lead the product development process with functional leads, resolve cross-functional conflicts and drive rigorous coordination and execution. They will collaborate with domestic and Asian based manufacturing partners and component suppliers on prototypes, samples, testing, and Pilot Production, while maintaining target costs and identifying potential risks. They collaborate across the organization to pull resources as needed to define specification, testing requirements, and forecast/ramp up requirements. This role is highly collaborative with business teams, technical teams, senior leadership, and especially with third-party suppliers.
- Leads the creation and execution of accessories development and manufacturing implementation plans with input from stakeholders on the deliverables. Owns the program schedule and ensures timely completion in line with defined milestones.
- Collaborates with 3rd party manufacturers to ensure products are manufactured to Super73 specifications.
- Maintains accessory requirements and specifications.
- Supports product ideation phase by leading new technology assessments, supporting prototype testing, coordinating with other functions to ensure cohesive integration of all technologies, and identifying strategies to address any supply chain gaps.
- Coordinates with manufacturing, sub-contractors and suppliers for the procurement and specification of components for use in the development projects.
- Ensures timely completion in line with defined milestones.
- Facilitates cross-functional validation that final accessory design can meet initial product definition and ROI expectations.
- Ensures priorities and trade-offs are clearly communicated and key stakeholders are engaged throughout the design cycle.
- Supports operations and engineering teams to achieve cost, quality and reliability of externally sourced components and sub-assemblies to meet cost targets, quality standards and warranty periods.
- Ensures that all Engineering and Operations cross-functional and vendor deliverables meet industry leading standards and are completed on time.
- Prepares Manufacturing partner, Supply Chain and Marketing for launch of new accessories.
- Demonstrated business acumen – an understanding of business priorities, challenges, and direction in order to balance competing demands on project scope, budget, schedule and quality.
- Understanding of Engineering and Operations functions in a high-volume mass production setting to define product development with functional leads.
- Able to resolve cross-functional conflicts and drive rigorous coordination and execution.
- Highly collaborative with business teams, technical teams, senior leadership, and especially with third-party suppliers.
- 5+ Years in Operations Manufacturing / NPI, Engineering Development role, or Program / Product / Project Management experience.
- BS in Business Administration, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or similar discipline.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to track and resolve issues across multiple programs simultaneously.
- Experience working with global teams and willing to participate in Global conference calls during non-standard working hours as needed.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Experience with PLM and ERP systems.
- Experience in the bicycle, e-bike, or motorcycle industries a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and Monday scheduler a plus.