Fabrication / Shop Technician
About the Role:
SUPER73 is seeking a skilled fabrication specialist to join our rapidly growing team for in house product development and prototyping. Our Facility is well equipped with a variety of fabrication equipment including 3 axis milling, MIG and TIG welding, plasma cutting, tube bending, water jet, and RP. They will be responsible for operating and maintaining most of the machines to assist in prototyping, short-run production, and special projects. This individual would also coordinate & build 3rd party vendor relationships supporting all of the above.
- Assist in R&D and Prototyping projects.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, follow verbal direction, as well as design basic fixtures and tooling.
- MIG/TIG welding
- Machining: setup/operation of manual mills, lathes, and other metal shop equipment..
- Use woodshop machinery, power, and hand tools.
- Use and Maintain 3D printing Equipment.
- Perform general shop maintenance, organize tools, clean shop.
- Perform additional projects as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma
- Experience in metal fabrication
- Experience manual machining
- 1 year experience with CNC machines preferred
- Interest in bicycles and or motorcycles
- 3D modeling experience
- Model finishing, mockup, and paint prep
- 3D printing experience
- CAM software experience
- Production experience
- Time management over multiple projects
- Must be a proactive work ethic, have a good communication skills, and attention to detail