About this Role:
We are looking for a talented technical writer to help create and build out our product documentation. You will be a core part of the product development team working closely with engineering, product marketing, and customer experience to create resources that don’t just document what the product does, but accelerates a user from novice to power user.
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success.
- Analyze bill of materials (BOM) to maintain master spec database and create one sheet summaries for internal distribution.
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications.
- Work with international teams and 3rd party translation services to develop global documentation.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work with document control to identify all product documentation and ensure document repositories are updated to latest revisions.
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant technical field.
- 2-4 years' industry experience as an effective technical writer.
- Experience working with CAD data and Adobe Illustrator
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization.