Operations Program Manager
About the Role:
Operations Program Manager participates in the early design cycle to identify new sourcing requirements and manage supplier deliverables. They take over product ownership from start of mass production to end of life. They collaborate across the organization to pull resources as needed to define and implement changes to existing products.
The Operations Program Manager will work to maintain the steady production of Super73’s current products and take ownership of new products as they transition into mass production. They will collaborate with our Asian based manufacturing partners and component suppliers on maintaining forecasted production/supply, lead product enhancement and changes, and drive cost reduction strategies.
- Participate in early development stages to identify new sourcing and manufacturing requirements, potential production risks, and track manufacturing partners deliverables.
- Facilitate collaboration between Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality and manufacturing partners to produce a supply response that maximizes ROI and meets business and organizational goals.
- Support post-launch electrical and mechanical change initiatives, working with development and engineering teams to update products, achieve cost targets, and maintain product/production supply and quality levels.
- Collaborate with Customer Service on defining changes and enhancements to existing products, communicated the expected effective date of changes.
- Ensure information and procedures are properly communicated, understood, and carried out; drive the implementation of product modifications to ensure quality standards are met.
- Participate in the review of daily/weekly production/shipment actuals versus plans, determine and implement any required actions to align production to required supply.
- Manage the coordination of suppliers and other departments to analyze, identify, and resolve product availability issues/problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Business, Engineering, Industrial Technology or other relevant field of study (or equivalent experience.)
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with Asian based manufacturers.
- Ability to understand complete supply chain for the products, establish clear-to-build for key components, help suppliers in managing safety stock for critical components.
- Proven track record in managing production, preferably in the consumer electronics market.
- Strong leadership skills and attention to detail in a manufacturing/production environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in a fully outsourced supply chain.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Experience in using MS Office applications.