Component Supply Chain Manager
About the role:
Located in Guangdong Province, China, the Component Supply Chain Manager will help oversee the production and processes for Super 73’s outsourced manufacturing supply chain. He/she will collaborate with critical component suppliers on establishing daily visibility in executing the production plan and risk mitigations, while working towards the fulfillment of on-time deliveries to contract manufacturers (CMs). In addition, this role will need to interface internally with ODM Supply Chain Manager(s) and the VP of Supply Chain, to contribute to an end- to-end Supply Chain coverage for Super 73’s manufacturing operations in Asia. He/she will spend most of the time in South China managing critical component suppliers onsite, with occasional travel to other regions in Mainland China.
- WIP/raw material inventory, and tooling; making adjustments to production schedule as needed to assure the attainment of business objectives, while supporting Quality team in ensuring products standards will exceed company quality standards.
- Facilitate collaboration and co-ordinate between Super73’s Planning, ODM Supply Chain Manager(s), and critical component suppliers, to produce a Supply Response that maximizes ROI and meets business and organizational goals.
- Review daily/weekly production/shipment actuals versus plans, determine and implement any required actions to align production to required supply; communicate with Planning, ODM Supply Chain Manager(s), and critical component suppliers, to act on any required changes.
- Manage the coordination of critical component suppliers and other departments to analyze, identify, and resolve product availability issues/problems.
- Manage SKU mix from production perspective to rapidly provide supply response for any demand changes – ability to understand complete supply chain for the products, work with ODM Supply Chain Manager(s) to establish clear-to-build for key components, help critical component suppliers in managing safety stock for critical components, across all SKUs
- Proven track record in managing production and quality, preferably in the consumer electronics market, working with Asian based manufacturers.
- Knowledge and experience in production / manufacturing processes and techniques, raw materials management, quality control programs, engineering and technology principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in a fully outsourced supply chain model; setting priorities, identifying and addressing problems, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills in dealing with manufacturing partners and / or suppliers, and attention to detail in a manufacturing/production environment.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Ability to manage resolution of complex issues with an extended/overseas team in a fast-paced development environment.
- Must be comfortable being immersed in the factory environment, in order to maintain a close pulse and adopt a “trust but verify” approach on all production related activities at the suppliers (i.e. presence at production lines, tracking of actuals vs. plan, … etc.)
- Must be comfortable in working with Excel, possess strong analytical skills in identifying potential implications (if any), and provide recommendations to address and / or mitigate issues and risks respectively
- Must be fluent (speak, read and write) in English and relevant local languages.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Business, Engineering, Industrial Technology or other relevant field of study (or equivalent experience.)
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with Asian based manufacturers.