ODM Supply Chain Manager
About the role:
Located in New Taipei City, Taiwan, the ODM Supply Chain Manager will help oversee the production and processes for Super 73’s outsourced manufacturing supply chain. He/she will collaborate with Manufacturing Partners (CM/OEM/ODM) on establishing daily visibility in executing the production plan and risk mitigations, while working towards the fulfillment of on-time deliveries worldwide. In addition, this role will need to interface internally with Component Supply Chain Manager(s) and the VP of Supply Chain, to contribute to an end-to-end Supply Chain coverage for Super 73’s manufacturing operations in Asia. He/she will spend most of the time in Taiwan managing no more than one of our Taiwanese Manufacturing Partner onsite, with occasional travel to Mainland China.
- Oversight of Manufacturing Partners’ production process, WIP/raw material inventory, and tooling; making adjustments to production schedule as needed to assure the attainment of business objectives, while supporting Quality team in ensuring products standards will exceed company quality standards.
- Facilitate collaboration and co-ordinate between Super 73’s Planning, Component Supply Chain Manager(s), and Suppliers, to produce a Supply Response that maximizes ROI and meets business and organizational goals.
- Review daily/weekly production/shipment actuals versus plans, determine and implement any required actions to align production to required supply; communicate with Planning, Component Supply Chain Manager(s), and Manufacturing Partners to act on any required changes.
- Manage the coordination of Manufacturing Partners and other departments to analyze, identify, and resolve product availability issues / problems.
- Manage SKU mix from production perspective to rapidly provide supply response for any demand changes – ability to understand complete supply chain for the products, work with Component Supply Chain Manager(s) to establish clear-to-build for key components
- Proven track record in managing production and quality, preferably in the consumer electronics market, working with Asian based manufacturers.
- Knowledge and experience in production / manufacturing processes and techniques, raw materials management, quality control programs, engineering and technology principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in a fully outsourced supply chain model; setting priorities, identifying and addressing problems, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills in dealing with Manufacturing Partners and / or suppliers, and attention to detail in a manufacturing/production environment.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Ability to manage resolution of complex issues with an extended/overseas team in a fast-paced development environment.
- Must be comfortable being immersed in the factory environment, in order to maintain a close pulse and adopt a “trust but verify” approach on all production related activities at the Supplier (i.e. presence at production lines, tracking of actuals vs. plan, … etc.)
- Must be comfortable in working with Excel, possess strong analytical skills in identifying potential implications (if any), and provide recommendations to address and / or mitigate issues and risks respectively
- Must be fluent (speak, read and write) in English and relevant local languages.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Business, Engineering, Industrial Technology or other relevant field of study (or equivalent experience.)
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with Asian based manufacturers.