Sr. Designer I Accessory
Born from the desire to create adventure and community, SUPER73 is an American lifestyle adventure brand fusing motorcycle heritage and youth culture.
We are a group of creators, adventurers, builders, thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and most importantly, doers who believe that the whole of our efforts far outweigh the sum of our parts. This is not for the faint of heart. We work hard, we move fast, and we are on a mission. For us, this is not a job, this is an opportunity to merge passion and career to compete in a new emerging global industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
SUPER73 is hiring an Sr. Designer I Accessory to work onsite at our Irvine, CA HQ!
Sr. Designer I Accessory will focus on accessory development in parallel with vehicles using traditional industrial design tools such as sketching, modeling, CAD, and rapid prototyping. Coordination across multiple teams and vendors to ensure design intent is a key responsibility within this role.
A passionate designer who has a demonstrated body of production work in the transportation / powersports or equivalent. You can operate both autonomously and with clear direction. You work quickly and efficiently to produce quality concepts that meet the criteria-based directions. You can clearly demonstrate directions and goals within a team and can lead when necessary. You are fluent in a process driven design environment. Most importantly you are ready to join a fast paced, exciting new design studio executing world class designs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Working on a broad range of accessories from advanced concept to L/U driven programs
- Lead teams when needed with scheduling, process knowledge, and design intent reporting to Director of Design
- Reviewing and coordinating executive presentations in a professional manner
- Working closely with the vehicle team to help facilitate parallel development to production
- Meeting established deadlines over long term projects and maintaining detailed schedules
- Responsible for executing designs that achieve feasibility at a production and engineering level
- Collaboration across multidisciplinary teams and to help guide the L/U Development
- Providing benchmarks & analysis of industry trends (Software/Hardware/Best Practice/New Effects)
- Contribute to the expansion of the design departments overall capabilities via best practice and or network
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Successfully completed degree in automotive, transportation or product design or comparable
- 6+ years of professional experience in the transportation, powersports or product environment
- Creativity, sense of form and general feeling for trends
- Independent and structured work ethic
- High level of communication, teamwork, and leadership
- Strong Sketching and Rendering skills (Digital and or traditional)
- Adobe Suite Fluent
- Microsoft Office Fluent
- 3D Proficient in Rhino/Alias/ and or equivalent
- Experience in process driven design from concept to production
- Passion for motorcycles and or bicycles is a plus.
- Skills in storytelling as well as advanced presentation skills highly appreciated
SUPER73’S PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Full-time positions
- Employee bike and apparel discounts
- Fully stocked kitchen (free snacks, drinks, and coffee)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick Time off
- 401K Retirement Savings Program with a highly competitive company Match
- Amazing culture and a great place to work
SUPER73 provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We're a fast growing company looking for progress-driven and forward thinking individuals that are all about shaking up industry standards. SUPER73 is proud to promote equity in all aspects of our hiring practice and company operation. For more information, we invite you to visit eeoc.gov.